Monday 5 August 2013

Chaos Preacher - First Sightings

Over the weekend I've continued work on my Mutant warband's leader. He (It?) still needs quite a bit of green stuffing to fill a bit hole in the back muscles and around the head. To be honest I think he's lacking a bit of something to really tie him into the 40k universe so I may have to think about adding to more techno bits to bring him in line.

As a bit of a distraction whilst I wait for inspiration to strike I've put together this wandering chaos preacher figure. He's not really intended to go in any particular warband but as a character model he's there to flesh out the background of the demon world I'm working on (Which still needs a cool name).

(It was a sunny day so I decided to take a picture outside, turn out a lot better than my past efforts, although my camera work has made the bolt pistol look massive)

(I used another part from the Flagellant's kit to cover up an old nasty plastic glue spill on the models back, this was so old the plastic glue had turned yellow!)

Whilst moving some old boxes of stuff around my room an old chaos warrior plastic figure dropped to the floor. Now when they were initally released I had a huge army of these figures, but they were abandoned and donated to another player years back once the newer plastic kit came out. I guess this bit of history had been hiding out ever since. I've combined the legs and torso with some bits left over from a CSM spruce along with some bits from the Empire Flagellants kit. He seems to have come together quite well for something that only took 5 mins.

Once I get my order from Wayland games today I'l be able to finally undercoat some figures and get painting. My package from Model Mates turned up on friday with the rust effect paint so I'm looking forward to giving it a try on this figures armour.

With any luck I'l have this fella painted tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment